My last post was aptly about crazy women and stupid men. And guess where I find myself?
The guy I’ve been seeing – let’s call him “D” – is stupid and I’m crazy. Things were going brilliantly, and then all of a sudden he completely shut me out and is not talking. Talk about driving someone crazy. Being an over-thinker, I’ve gone through all the bad scenarios.
– He’s seeing someone else.
– He lied about being single in the first place.
– I did something to put him off and have no idea what or why. (Hey, if he is going to run instead of talking about whatever offended him when I put my foot in it, then we were never going to work).
– It’s nothing I did, but he’s reacting to other extenuating circumstances in his life by shutting me out.
– He needed an ego boost and just played me. (Asshole).
– A friend said something negative to him about me. (If this is the case, his feelings for me are obviously not very concrete).
– He’s just over me but doesn’t have the guts to be honest and end things properly.
– I was just a “fill-in” while he made sure he had someone else lined up.
– The last girl he was seeing is back on the scene.
– She showed up to say she was pregnant.
– He’s met someone else (yep, that’s pretty much what it keeps coming back to).
I think we are breaking up. I’m so hurt and confused. I don’t even know if there is a reason to be hurt and confused, but his backflip (going from being happy to see me and bringing me dinner when I had to work late to not talking and acting distant) in just one week is not a good sign and it’s making me crazy. My emotions feel shredded. It’s like we were cruising along nicely together and he’s just pushed me out of the car with no warning.
Men are stupid and I’m crazy.