Continuing on the relationship soundtrack theme, the Narcissist I was sort-of-not-really-seeing about a year before J, inspired a soundtrack, too. He was so good at lying that even though he set off a few alarm bells, I believed him.
We’d established that there was mutual interest but he was ‘too busy’ to be in a relationship (he travelled a lot for work). Before one trip, I asked him if he was seeing anyone else and he shook his hand at me and said “until I see you again, this is all I have”. A few days later, his girlfriend tagged him on Facebook in pictures of them spooning on her bed with the caption ‘my love’.
I’ll tell the full story of that another day – it’s a long one. In the meantime, here’s the Soundtrack of M.
– Right about now he’s probably slow-dancing with a bleach-blonde tramp, and she’s probably getting frisky. Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood.
– Dear narcissus boy, I know you’ve never really apologised for anything, I know you’ve never really taken responsibility… You’ve never been with anyone who doesn’t take your shit, you’ve never been with anyone who dared to call you on it, (I wonder how you’d be if someone were to call you on it). Narcissus – Alanis Morissette. (as it happened, I did call him on it. I’ll tell you that story another time.)
– You know how much you want him, you’re tryin’ to be cool about it, you’re tryin’ to be big about it… But he’s just another girl-addict, and if you give it away, you gotta be crazy. Beware of the Dog – Jamelia.
– Tell me where, where did you get the nerve to even think that you could play me wrong…. You tried to deny all your actions, for once be a real man, at least give me the proper respect of the truth (I already know you did it). You Thought Wrong – Kelly Clarkson.
– You shoot me down, but I won’t fall. Titanium – David Guetta.
– You blocked me on Facebook, and now you’re going to die. Internet Friends – Knife Party.
– She’s an actress… better known for the things she does on the mattress. Better than Revenge – Taylor Swift.
– You say one thing, do another, and argue that’s not what you did. Straightjacket – Alanis Morrisette.
– Single he told me? Single, my arse! Cellblock Tango – Chicago (movie cast).