So, I’ve told you about my rollercoaster with J. I’m happy to report that I think I am through that tunnel of crap and while I’m not completely free of it all, I’ve stepped into the light at the other side.
I’ve found that certain songs struck a cord through the rollercoaster ride, though, and they continue to remind me of J.
This is what my roller-coaster with J sounded like.
– If I could read your mind, I hope I’d find the same love I have in mine. Read Your Mind – Vonda Shepard.
– You came around and you knocked me down from the start… I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, ‘cos I’m already falling. Arms – Christina Perri.
– Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight, just a touch of the fire burning so bright. I don’t want to mess this thing up, I don’t want to push too far… Just a Kiss – Lady Antebellum. (This is probably one of the main songs that I can’t listen to without being reminded of one of the really good times with J. Listening to it hurts).
– So here’s where the problem starts: You’re shitting on my heart. Heartbreak Down – Pink.
– Here I am, waiting for a sign. I never seem to know if you want me in your life… ’cause you blow hot and you blow cold…. Should I stay? Should I go? Can you now find the right words to say that maybe I’m getting in your way. Should I Stay – Gabrielle.
– Just a second we’re not broken, just bent. Just Give Me a Reason – Pink.
– Wasted too much time, should have seen the signs, now I know just what went wrong – I guess I wanted you more, and looking back, now, I’m sure. Wanted You More – Lady Antebellum.
– Now I’m waiting for a text, call, whatever. What’s gotten into me, besides you? You’re like a rush, you’re like a drug it’s just the sight of you… And you weaken me, what’s the Lord think of me, for being so f*ing weak, I find it hard for me to breathe. Heartbreak Down – Pink.
– Wish I didn’t have this heart, then I wouldn’t know the sting of this pain. Cold as Stone – Lady Antebellum.
– The only way out is through. Out is Through – Alanis Morissette.
– I’ll believe you when everything you say don’t turn out wrong. I’ll Believe You When – Matchbox 20.
– There might have been a time when I would let you slip away… Just don’t give up, I’m working it out. Please don’t give in, I won’t let you down. He messed me up, need a second to breathe, just keep coming around. Whataya Want From Me – Pink.
– You can express your deepest of truths, even if it means I’ll lose you, and I’ll hear it. You Owe Me Nothing in Return – Alanis Morissette.
What are some songs that continue to remind you of a particular relationship?